Sunday 30 June 2013

Smashwords Summer Promotion

As a working writer I'm never very happy to see this roll around. It simply doesn't do me any good. Traffic to SW increases as a good number of writers make their work free. The result is a slowdown of sales elsewhere.

As ever with a thing that exists, I have to make a decision what to do with it. It makes sense to me to offer up free and discounted copies of work that is not selling, but that I think should reach a wider readership who would likely enjoy it.

Some time ago I wrote a series of shorter works collectively called Dancing with Darwin. These stories are Science Fiction, Apocalyptic and Post Apocalyptic fun and I have a whole bunch of them planned. An alien intelligence brings about an apocalyptic event, he destroys the world by spreading a virus that makes us all uniquely crazy. Imagine the fun that ensues as everyone on the planet develops their own unique form of crazy. For reasons it's futile to guess at, they didn't catch. I mean, I think they are good, and some reviewers do also. But they just failed to catch on. So, here's a chance to grab one of them free and to buy the collection at a reduced price.

Evolving Environment is free here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/168088.

And if you like that one - and why wouldn't you? - then the collection is on sale for a dollar fifty.

Dancing with Darwin (Sane?) is available here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/237665

Oh, and The Last King's Amulet ebook is reduced most places to a bargain basement price of 99cents for the month of July. I may have said this elsewhere but it bares repeating.

Now it's time for me to go back and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment